The Text Styling Bar (as marked below in red), located in your New Message, offers a range of formatting and insertion options.
Please Note: If you don't see the Text Styling Bar, please click the 'View' menu and make sure 'Text Styling Bar' is marked.
For more information, please check the following:
Font Face and Size
The Default Font for New Messages is Arial 12, and for Signatures is Times New Roman 10. To change this, please first click inside the Message Body or Signature box.
Choose another Font and Size from the drop-down lists in the Text Styling Bar. You may choose a Font Size from 8 to 36.
Please Note: In a New Message, the first group of Fonts are those most commonly found on computers, therefore it's a good idea to use these.
Bold, Italics, Underline
To apply Bold, Italics or Underline to any text, select the text you'd like to change, and then do one of the following:
- Click on the 'Bold' (B), 'Italics' (I) and 'Underline' (U) icons (as marked below) in the Text Styling bar.
- Or use Global Hotkeys by pressing combinations of keys on your keyboard:
- Bold ('Ctrl' + 'B')
- Italics ('Ctrl' + 'I')
- Underline ('Ctrl' + 'U')
Changing the Text Color or Highlighting is very easy:
- First select your text.
- After selecting, click the icons in the Toolbar for 'Text Color' (colored 'T' - marked in red below) or 'Highlight Text' (Yellow Marker - marked in blue).
- Choose the color you would like, and click 'OK'.
For a full view of all available colors, choose 'Define Custom Colors' (marked below in red) in the 'Color' dialog. Click inside the right-hand panel until you find your preferred color and brightness, and then click 'Add to Custom Colors' (marked in blue). Then click 'OK' (marked in green).
Format Painter allows you to copy the Format of text in your Message, and apply it to another section of the Message.
For example, if you created an underlined and italicized sentence, and decide to repeat this later on but don't want to choose each formatting option over again, Format Painter will assist you:
- Select the pre-existing text, and click the 'Format Painter' (Paintbrush) icon in the Text Styling Toolbar.
- Now select the word or sentence you want to format.
- Your text Format will be applied to everything you just selected. To apply to another area, repeat Steps 1 and 2.
Numbering and Alignment
The 'Numbering & Alignment' icon in the New Message Text Styling Toolbar allows you to add bullets (Numbered or Dotted) to a list, or Align your Text.
Simply select the text, and click the 'Numbering & Alignment' icon. Choose a Bullet Style, or choose Align Left, Center, or Align Right.
If you cannot see this Feature, look for the '>>' at the end of the Text Format Toolbar, and click it. Your Alignment feature will appear in a drop-down list.
Please Note: Currently there is no 'Justify' feature.
To change the Text Direction in a New Message, please select the text you'd like to change, and then click the 'Switch to...' icon (marked in red) in the Text Styling Bar.
You can also use the 'Ctrl' + 'Alt' + 'D' keys on your Keyboard.
Cut, Copy and Paste
Please Note: You can very easily Cut and Paste in one action by selecting the text or object, holding your left-mouse down on that selection, and dragging it to the new area.