Step #1 – Choose your Account
Using Advanced Account Access makes checking messages easy and safe! First open Advanced Account Access by pressing the 'Ctrl' and 'M' keys on your keyboard.
First choose separately each Email Account you have configured from the drop-down Account list to check those specific Account messages.
Once your new messages have appeared, you can begin working with them. You have the choice of bouncing, deleting, or downloading messages as well as blocking the Sender.
Please Note: You may refresh the Account at any time to view new or remaining messages by doing one of the following:
- Click the 'Refresh' icon.
- Click the 'View' menu, and then 'Refresh List'.
- Press 'F5' on your keyboard.
Step #2 – Sort your Messages
Advanced Account Access allows you to preview messages on the server along with their Header. This includes Priority (Exclamation Mark), Size, Sender Buddycon, From, Subject, and Time Received.
You may sort your messages by any of these options. To do so, simply click the desired Sort Option in the Sort Bar. An arrow will appear to denote the direction the messages have been sorted (Ascending or Descending).
Please Note: Currently you cannot preview entire Messages.
Step #3 – Downloading, Deleting, Bouncing and Blocking Messages
Please Note: Downloading, bouncing and deleting will also permanently remove the message from your Server.
To download your messages, please first select the message (or messages), and then do one of the following:
- Click the 'Get Msg' icon.
- Click the 'File' menu and then 'Get Message'.
- Press 'Ctrl' and 'G' keys on your keyboard.
- Right-click on the Message and choose 'Get Message'.
- Press the 'Ctrl' and 'G' keys on your keyboard.
To delete a message from the Server, please first select the message, and then do one of the following:
- Click the 'Delete' icon.
- Click the 'File' menu and then 'Delete'.
- Right-click on the message and choose 'Delete'.
- Press the 'Ctrl' and 'D' keys on your keyboard.
To block or bounce a Sender from the Advanced Account Access, do one the following:
- Click the 'Bounce' icon.
- Click the 'Tools' menu, and then 'Block Sender' or 'Bounce to Sender'.
- Right-click on the message, choose 'Block/Bounce' and then 'Block Sender'.
If blocking the Sender, you'll need to do the following:
- You will now be prompted to confirm you want to block the Sender. The Sender will be added to your Blocked Senders list, and a Message Rule will be created.
- In addition, you may bounce the message by checking 'In addition, bounce this message to its sender'. Press 'Block Senders' to continue. After bouncing the message, a 'Boomerang' icon will appear next to the message.
To unblock the Sender (if you blocked them by mistake), simply right-click on the message, and choose 'Block/Bounce'. Now select 'Unblock Sender' and click the 'Unblock Sender' button.
Please Note: Once you have blocked a Sender, any messages from them will be deleted from your server. Please be careful when using this option to ensure safe delivery of wanted messages.
While in the Advanced Account Access window, clicking the 'View' menu, and then the 'Show messages left on server' option allows you to view Messages that are still on your Server (after you have deleted or downloaded messages).