The Voice Recorder allows IncrediMail Plus members to add a personalized Voice Recording to messages. For more information and instructions, please check the steps below:
Step #1 – Starting the Voice Recorder
In a New Message, click on the 'Recorder' icon (marked in red below).
You can also select the 'Tools' menu (marked in red), and then 'Voice Message Recorder...' (marked in blue).
From here, the 'Voice Message Recorder' window will open.
In the Recording Status window, you will see the following:
- Recording Status - 'Ready','Recording','Stopped' (marked in red)
- Time - Length (marked in blue)
- Size (marked in green)
Also listed are the Sound Type, Recording Quality and Sound Filename - to hide these extra details, press 'Fewer Options' (as marked above in purple).
Step #2 – Set your Voice Recorder Options
When recording a Voice Message, you have the ability to view the Recording Properties. If you do not see all Options (including Sound Type, Recording Quality or Sound Filename), please click 'More Options' (marked in red below).
Before recording, choose your Sound Type (can be changed after recording) and Recording Quality.
The Sound Type is set to 'Wave' by default. To change this, simply choose Compressed Wave.
Compressed Wave is a compressed version of your Recording, meaning the file size is smaller. This should not affect the sound quality to a great extent, but you can always change the type before sending.
To change the Recording Quality, simply choose between 'Low (8.00 KB/Sec)' or 'High (16.00 KB/Sec)' before recording.
Step #3 – Record!
- Click the 'Record' button (marked in red below) and begin recording. While recording, the total time, sound level, and recording size will be displayed.
- Once you're done, press 'Stop' (marked in blue below).
- Check your recording by selecting 'Play' (marked in red below).
- If you're satisfied with the recording, select a 'Sound Filename' ('VoiceMsg1' by default) as marked in blue above, and click 'Attach', as marked above in green.
Please Note: To save a Recording, click 'Add to Style Box' (add to your Style Box 'Sound' Collection) or 'Save As…' (saved as a '.wav' file on your Computer) as marked above in purple. Your Voice Recording will be sent as an attachment.