Some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) require you to use a specific Computer Name to identify your Computer and validate your account. This Error may appear as follows:
- Error 500 5.5.2 bad chars in command
- Error 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address
- 501 Syntax error parameters or arguments to HELO command
Please check that your Computer Name contains only English letters:
- Right-click on 'My Computer' and choose 'Properties'.
- Under the Computer Name tab, click 'Change'.
- Delete the old Computer Name, and enter a new one. The name cannot contain special characters, such as the following:
à â ç î ï ô ù û ü ; : " * + = | ?,
- Click 'OK' to close each dialog. You may need to restart your computer to finalize these changes.