An Attachment is a file you attach to your Message, which you can then send to friends and family. You can open Attachments from your Message, forward them to other Recipients, or save them on your computer for later use.
Please check the following for more information:
- How do I add Attachments?
- How do I preview my Attachments?
- Is there a limit on Attachments?
- How to search for a Received Attachment (using Advanced Search)
- How to save Attachments
How do I add Attachments?
There are several ways to attach files to an open New Message (or Reply):
- Click the 'Attachment' icon (shown below) and browse for your desired attachment. Your attachment will be added to the 'Attach' field in your Message.
- Right-click inside the text area of the Message, and choose 'Insert Attachment'.
- Click the 'Tools' menu, and 'Insert Attachment...'.
- Click 'Ctrl' + 'Alt' + 'A'.
Please Note: Once you have added an attachment, you can add more by clicking on the attachment in the 'Attach' field, and click 'Add'.
How do I preview my Attachments?
All Attachments are listed as thumbnails along the right side of your Message in the Preview Pane.
Any Images or Videos are also shown at the bottom of the Message in Full Size for previewing.
Please Note: Some video types may not preview or be shown at the bottom of your Message.
Is there a limit on Attachments?
Your Email Service Provider may set the following limits:
- Amount of Messages sent at one time, or during a given time period.
- Amount of Recipients or Groups
- Amount of Attachments (Number or Size) in a Message
If you cannot send your Message, please check that you are able to send a Plain Message (no Attachments, Backgrounds or Formatting) to yourself.
If you can, you should contact your Email Service Provider's Customer Service to discuss these limitations, and see if the can change them for you. Click here for a list of popular Email Service Providers.
How to search for a Received Attachment (using Advanced Search)?
Clicking the main IncrediMail window Basic Search tabs allows you to search for the following:
- 'All' - all your emails
- 'Contact Name' - Messages sent by same contact which you've selected in the Message list (this will be replaced by your search term)
- 'Attachments' - Contain Attachments of any kind
- 'Documents' - Contains any Text-based Document (e.g. doc, pdf, txt and more)
- 'Images' - Contain Images
- 'Videos' - Contain Videos
- 'Audio' - Contain Audio or Sound files
- 'Archives' - Contain Archives (e.g. Zip files)
- 'Word' - Contain Word Documents
- 'Excel' - Contain Excel files
- 'PowerPoint' - Contain PowerPoint files
- 'Text' - Contain Text files
- 'PDF' - Contain PDFs (e.g. Adobe)
- 'Unread' - Unread Messages
- 'Contains Links' - Contain Links with the Message Body
- 'Flagged' - Flagged Messages
- 'High Priority' - Messages with High Priority
- 'Replied To' - Messages you Replied to (either the Original or the Sent message)
- 'Forwarded To' - Messages you Forwarded to another Contact (same as Replied To)
How to save Attachments
Saving a File Attachment is easy, and can be done in a number of ways:
- Open the Attachment, and then save from the program that it opens in.
- Place your mouse over the Attachment icon to the left of the Message, and click 'Save' (which will appear below the Attachment).
- Click the 'Save' button above the Attachment, select a destination folder, and click 'Save'.
- Click the arrow next to the 'Save' button, or right-click within the Preview Thumbnail, and choose 'Save All' or 'Save to Desktop'.
- If the file shows a preview below the Message (I.e. Photos), you can right-click on the image and choose 'Save Picture As...'.